22.3.17

Skin


Back in January I blogged about how I wanted my word for 2017 to be simplicity. One of the main areas I wanted to focus on was my makeup collection. As much as I love makeup, I realized that I had way too much. I've slowly been downsizing and keeping products that are actually good for my skin and don't make me feel like I am hiding behind layers of unnecessary product. 

Back in high school and university I used to wear so much makeup! When I look back at pictures I cringe at how much I didn't look like me. The older I get, the more I understand the phrase: less is more. When it comes to my beauty routine, I couldn't agree more. 


Lately I've really been loving wearing just concealer and powder, instead of foundation. Now with that being said, on those days where my skin looks a little rough I'll put on foundation, but for everyday I like being able to have my natural skin show through. It's been a work in progress, but I've slowly come to love my natural skin. 

Now this is in no way meant to bash those who choose to wear a lot of makeup. At then end of the day, you do you. That's one of the many reasons why I love makeup so much, it's a chance to be creative and see what helps to make you feel more beautiful. Yes, I'm still going to keep my makeup palettes. And yes, I love getting more dolled up now and again. But I also want to feel and look like me. 


Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© These are the days. Design by Fearne.