6.1.17

WE'RE MOVING!!!!!!!

...and it's literally just down the street!

I should probably mention that I use the term "I" a lot in this post, and the reason why is because I am the picky one in the relationship. When it comes to renting a property I want it to be flooded with natural light, have white walls, and bright floors. And when I say white walls, I mean white. Off white and beige are not an option. Alex got lucky marrying me... ;)


Guys, GUYS! I'm freaking out right now!!! The past 2 days have been SO crazy, I'm still in shock from it all. Back in late November, early December, we decided it was time for us to move into a bigger space. We found some adorable townhouses just down the road from where we currently live and went for a viewing of a 4 bedroom townhouse. Ideally we wanted a 3 bedroom because of the price, and we were willing to wait until spring to move. We just wanted to get a feel of the place and see if it felt right. It was absolutely stunning. The space felt like home.

For the next few weeks I couldn't stop thinking about this house. The layout was EXACTLY what I wanted. The main floor had such a nice flow, and openness to it, while still having distinct rooms (Does that even make sense? haha!). We decided to wait until January to see if they would have any properties available for March 1st.

This past Tuesday we found out there was a 3 bedroom available, and we would be able to view it on Thursday. We got super excited and couldn't believe this was a possibility for us! Then we actually saw the house, and boy let me tell ya it was awful. And I'm not talking about how the tenants kept it, just the layout was awful, and it felt TINY. It was an end unit so the layout was all wonky and there were way too many stairs, which would be nightmare city with children. As we were leaving the house, out of the blue the property manager said: "We actually have another 3 bedroom that is available for February 1st that has the work all finished if you would like to see it?" I pretty much yelled "YES!"

When we walked in, I pretty much cried. It was the EXACT same layout as the 4 bedroom townhouse we had seen in December, but had a bigger master bedroom, and was cheaper! We applied immediately, handed in our 60 day notice to our landlord, and this morning we got the call confirming we got it!!!!!! So we're moving in 3 weeks. 3 WEEKS!!!!! I'm freaking out. All this to say, I'm pretty darn excited about life in general right now. I can't get over how fast and smooth everything went. Clearly this is meant to be.

So I am currently in home declutter mode. I've noticed a slight shift in my decor taste recently so I'm selling some of our things, and starting fresh. We're keeping all our big pieces, because we still love them, but after looking at the same pictures and decor pieces for the past 3 1/2 years, I desperately ready for a change! Luckily for Christmas we got a ton of gift cards for Ikea and Structube, so the only purchase we will be making with our money is a sofa bed for the living room. I've been browsing Pinterest for inspiration, and can not wait to make this space a home!!!

1 comment

  1. ahhh!! girl! thats so exciting! We've been in our rental for 2 years and I too am feeling that urge to re decorate everything and de clutter! haha so happy for you I love your style too!

    xx

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© These are the days. Design by Fearne.