14.1.17

Simplicity

Blouse by Zaful. It may be the middle of winter, but I'm busting out some spring pieces!!
A few years ago, a blog that I love reading, decided to have a word that she would live by for the year. After seeing her do this year, after year I thought it would be a fun little exercise for myself. This year the word that I want to focus on is: simplicity.

As many of you already know, a few months ago I started a beauty blog called The Simplicity File (shameless plug). As I began blogging, I came to realize how much crap I've accumulated over the years. I still love makeup, and I don't have near the collection of some people, but I have more than I need. I've been thinking about this more and more as I've been packing for our move.

I'm a routine person. I don't like change. When I find beauty products, and clothing that I like, I usually don't change them. I'll rotate through the same 10 pieces and hang on to the rest in the hopes of: "someday I may need that", but I never do.

So this year I want to simplify. I want to have less things. Although we may be moving into a bigger place, I want to have less than what we have now. I want to surround myself with things that inspire me and that I love. Not things that are trending on Pinterest, or in the blogging community. I want to focus less on what is in my home, and more on the people who live in it. I'm hoping 2017 will be a year of growth and simplicity.

1 comment

Latest Instagrams

© These are the days. Design by Fearne.