4.12.16

TIS THE SEASON

Christmas has always been my favourite holiday. For all of November and December I crank the Christmas music, decorate the house and get my Christmas shopping done. But for some reason, this year I just don't feel ready for Christmas. I don't know what it is but I feel we just got back from our vacation in Maine.. which was back in August. The time has literally flown by. I swear I sneezed and all of sudden it was December!
My family has always (always) put up the Christmas tree in the first week of November (and yes we were hipsters and did before it was the cool thing to do. No really all my friends growing up thought we were crazy...), and Alex and I have followed in that tradition. And yet, this year, I just don't feel ready to put it up yet. It's the weirdest feeling because I usually and decking halls as soon as the trick-or-treaters are in bed. I wish I could use the lack of snow as an excuse, but last year we had a green Christmas and our tree was still up early.

I had one of those "oh crap" moments today where I was mentioning the warm weather we've been having. I said something along the lines of "Our October felt like November, and our November feels like October". I was quickly corrected and realized we're now in December. It's just too weird. I love the whole lead up to Christmas, but I still can't figure out why it doesn't feel like a few weeks away.

I'm seriously at the point where I'm considering not even put up the tree since we're going to Winnipeg. Am I a horrible person for doing that? Ugh, I don't know.

I may not be prepared in terms of decor and Christmas gifts, but I have my whole holiday outfits picked and ready. Yep I'm shallow. And yep, I don't care. I may just have to wear this dress for the entire month ;) Zaful has so many gorgeous holiday dresses that are such a bargain!!

2 comments

  1. Where did you get that dress? It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. K that dress is so pretty!! This fall really has flown by so fast. I can't believe it's December already! Whether you put the tree up or not, I hope you have fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© These are the days. Design by Fearne.