26.9.16

MOMMY STYLE MONDAY: MEAL TIME

(Confession the photos of Calvin were taken back in April, and yes I have posted them before. But come on, just look at that cute face)

I'm so excited to be participating in Mommy Style Monday posts again. The past few months have been a little on the crazy side, and I haven't been in a blogging schedule kind of mood. However I always love a good collaboration opportunity with fellow mommy bloggers. This week's inspiration is all about meal time. When it comes to food, Calvin used to eat anything and everything. Lately however, he has lost his appetite and gotten quite a bit picky. What's even more annoying is that he will LOVE something one day, then the next day spit it out and refuse to eat it. So his "go to" meals are pretty limited right now. Here are a few of his staple foods that are some of his favourites:
Fruit
Calvin absolutely adores fruit! Every meal I try to give him a different fruit. He loves pears, apples, red grapes, strawberries, bananas and sometimes watermelon.

Cheese
I am convinced that he could down an entire block of cheese in one sitting. Which is no surprise since both Alex and I love our cheese. Needless to say, we buy a lot of cheese ;)
"Suckies"
One thing Calvin is not a fan of is veggies. So we try to give him suckies that contain a lot of vegetables. He is currently getting his canine teeth, so he can't seem to get enough of these suckies. He downs them SO fast!! He also love eating yogurt tubes. Anything involving cutlery is pretty tough right now because he is determined to feed himself which always ends in a mess. Which is fine with me, except for the fact that more ends up on the floor than in his mouth. 
Snacks
This kid loves to snack. He has definitely inherited Alex's snacking genes. He could all day if we let him. His favourites include: Bear Paws, fruit leather, goldfish, arrowroot cookies and fruit gummies. 
If you want to participate in the next Mommy Style Monday, head on over to Kiana's or Madeline's blog to signup! Don't forget to visit the other blogs listed below!


Kiana at Glitter & Donuts
Madeline at CaseyLand
Britt at My Little Sunshine
Beverly at What a Day 
Chelsea at Tessa Marie
Monica at It's All About
Erica at Good Job Momma

4 comments

  1. We are living the same life with our picky babies! Aren't our boys pretty close in age? I'm hoping it's just a phase. I need to get some of those pouches with veggies in them probably! I got some V8 juice that's "pineapple" but is mostly veggies and he loves drinking that, so I have some peace of mind ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of Bear Paws. Maybe it's a Canada thing? But I now want a bear claw donut....

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cutie! You're doing a great job, mama!

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© These are the days. Design by Fearne.