1.8.16

MOMMY STYLE MONDAY: GIRLS DAY OUT

When I first read Kiana's email telling what this week's inspiration was, my initial thought was "ah crap!". To be honest, most of my girl friends have moved over the years, and although I still have a small number of girls that have stayed in Ottawa, we don't see each other that often. Our lives are pretty busy so scheduling girl time can be a little tricky. And on top of all that, Calvin was kind of having an "off" week. I barely left the house, wore little to no makeup and wore leggings and a t-shirt all week. I was fully intending on planning a girls day and taking some pictures, but Calvin is my priority and he was definitely not feeling it. But that is the reality of motherhood. Plans change, and that's ok :)
Now with all that being said, a couple weeks ago I was able to go the movies with one of best friends and have a little DQ date afterwards. I have known this girl for years, and although we've changed, our friendship has continued to grow and I cherish it dearly. I was having a little bit of a rough week and so I texted her to see if we could go out without our spouses or Calvin to catch up just the two of us. I love being a wife and mother, but I am hands down a firm believer on having some time "sans" kids with friends. I was so grateful to have someone other than my family to talk to about my troubles and feel their support and comfort.

Having that one night really helped me recharge and just forget about everyday responsibilities. I feel that women need other women. There is something powerful about being able to connect with other women, sharing our lives and allowing a friendship to grow.
I know this week's post was a bit of a cop-out, but be sure to check out the other beautiful mommies participating in the collaboration this week. If you're interested in joining us next time, be sure to visit Kiana's, or Madeline's blog to sign up!!!

Kiana at Glitter & Donuts
Madeline at CaseyLand
Monica at It's All About
Amy at Harris Inc. 
Melissa at The Frolics of Mama Llama
Rose at Babies & Bluejeans 
Beverly at What a Day 
Juli at Journey of J^3
Susan at Sue's News
Anndee at Anndee Between the Lines

5 comments

  1. I love it! I love how real you are too! I seriously hardly EVER have girls day and sometimes life comes in the way of things anyway. Sometimes girls day for me is a trip to Hobby Lobby all by myself haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right!!! I really value the friend time sans-children, I think we value it even more because it doesn't happen all that often! I've visited your blog before and need to stop by more often! I love it!

    Sue//susanstange.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not a cop out! Your post was so great. It really is so great and necessary to have good friends you can go out with and have long talks with! Especially alone! haha. Thanks for joining!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Taking time out for ourselves and connecting with other women/mothers is necessary. I always feel so recharged after coming home from a book club meeting, RS night, or blogger meet up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. time with girlfriends can be so recharging. im glad you were able to steal some time away!

    http://ashortblonde.com

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© These are the days. Design by Fearne.