9.8.16

LET ME RE-INTRODUCE MYSELF

It is currently 4:15 am. I can't sleep, so here I am writing a blog post as my kitten is cuddled up against me, making it rather difficult for me to type if I must add. I'm not quite sure where this blog post is going to go, but I just had the urge to write. To be honest I've kind of been uninspired lately. For almost 6 months I was really enjoying the content I was creating on this space. Then it just got kind of old. I felt like I was stuck on this schedule where I felt I had to get a post up/make a video, and things felt sort of hollow. I realized this after I made all my posts on our Chicago trip. It reminded me how much I missed blogging my adventures, and time with family.

I used to bring my camera everywhere to document moments for me, but over the past few months I've been saying to Alex "Can you take this picture for my blog?", and it's really started to bug me. I was no longer taking pictures for memories, but was taking them for my blog. I'm still glad I have those pictures because they do hold dear memories for me, but I want to take more pictures of the moments, and less of the posed variety. Now with that being said, you'll probably still see style and collaboration posts now and again, but I only want to create content that makes me happy.

I was reading Kaylie's new blog last night, and her post touched me so deeply. I hate when I get so caught up in the "aesthetic" of blogging. I want to go back to when I didn't feel as much pressure, and where everything was much more relaxed. I know it sounds pretty pathetic, especially since I don't have that much of a following here, but I never started this blog for that reason. I started it for me. I wanted a place where I could feel comfortable writing about whatever I wanted, and I could create connections with people I had never met before.

I don't know what my plan is here. I don't know what this post was supposed to accomplish. Sometimes it just feels good to write and not no where things will end up. I used to be the type of person that would just write. Most of the time things wouldn't make sense, or mesh well together. But to me, I felt like I had created something beautiful.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I miss being "wordy". Sitting down and just writing. From here on out I want to make more of an effort to write for me. Not worrying about how many pins, views or comments a post gets, but more of what I get personally out of the process of writing. I don't want to share everything on here, but I do want to feel comfortable again to be me. Unapologetically.

So hi. My name is Rebekah Baronins. I always count the number of pages before I read a chapter. I am horrible at being grammatically correct. I mix up words and mispronounce things on a daily basis. Sarcasm scares me sometimes.    

It is currently now 6:37 am. And I am tired.

4 comments

  1. Love this. It's fun to create posts to entertain others, but sometimes it's just nice to write for the sake of writing, ya know? I find I enjoy my blog the most when I'm writing for my own sake, to document a memory, or translate my feelings into words, stuff like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally feel the same way! I've decided to just write whatever I want on my blog that makes me happy, and not worry about it. I don't have many followers, and I probably never will, but it's a space that makes me happy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eye-opener. Maybe I'm saying "can you take this pic for my blog?" too often, too. I could definitely do better at this. I feel like I'm really inhibited when I write on my blog, which is a shame because aren't blogs meant for truthful documentation? Yeah. Eye-opener. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a great following! And I love your ideas--just simplify, blog what YOU want, even if that's lots of words and memories. You keep it up!

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© These are the days. Design by Fearne.