18.8.16

DISTRACTED

I'm trying to be less distracted. Less screen time, more Calvin time. For the first couple months of Calvin's life I pretty much lived on my couch, nursed him while he fell asleep on me and watched Netflix the entire time. I watched the entire series of Gilmore Girls, Full House, The Mindy Project, The West Wing, and a butt load of movies. It was such a chill time and I loved staring him in complete wonder. As the months went by, I hate to admit it, but I got so used to watching something that it quickly became a habit. I don't want to look back on Calvin's first years and remember the shows I watched. I want to remember watching him and playing with him. I'm not saying I've been ignoring him, I have been getting on the floor and playing with him, just for some reason or another the TV is always on in the background. So for the last few weeks I have been making an added effort to put away the phone, leave the laptop closed, and keeping the remote in the kitchen.

This is age is so much fun and he is constantly learning, showing me things and trying to make me laugh. The past week was a little rough just because we were trapped in our little apartment due to weather, (Let's just say I am getting more and more excited to get my G2 in a month!) but I still enjoyed focusing all my energy on him. Now I'm not saying that I am now the perfect mom, and that turning on the TV makes you a bad mom. To be honest, there are still times when we need a little distraction, so on goes the TV and we watch a couple episodes of 72 cutest animals. Not going to lie, it's pretty entertaining to see Calvin pointing, looking back at me and yelling "puppy", every time an animal is on screen.

I still can't believe he is almost 18 months. There are little moments when I look at him and still see my little newborn, then he starts running around babbling away and I realize how fast he is growing. Everyone says that the time goes fast, but you truly have no idea until you have a baby. It seems to just slip away. Time is a thief I would rob.

2 comments

  1. He's such a doll! I love this. Sometimes it's so important to disconnect from technology and just be with your little guy or your loved ones! That's one of the reasons I love camping :)

    I just started following you on bloglovin! I would love a follow back<3

    xo Nicole
    www.damatoadventures.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. He has the sweetest little face! And I can't believe how much he looks like you (which is such a good thing!).

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© These are the days. Design by Fearne.