20.7.16

DOWNTOWN CHICAGO

There is nothing I love more than a city that is right on the water. Whether it be a river, canal, lake or ocean I just love being able to see water across from a city skyline. So naturally I fell in love with Chicago. I loved the old brick buildings, and the modern skyscrapers. The hustle and bustle in the core of the city, and the space of being on the lake. One thing I did not love: the humidity. I've grown up in a city that is humid, but I was in no way prepared for the humidity in Chicago. If you live in Chicago there is pretty much no point ever doing your hair, because after a few minutes of being outside you end up looking like a poodle.

Our first day downtown was hot, humid, grey, and pouring rain. Luckily it rained on our way back to the car so we didn't have to walk around the aquarium in drenched clothes. I'm the kind of person that loves getting caught in a summer storm. Allowing the rain to soak right through me is so refreshing on a hot day. It was quite a walk back to the car, but it was one of my favourite moments of our trip. Maybe it's my inner romantic that loved walking hand in hand with Alex in the rain.
The next time we went downtown, was our last day. The weather was stunning! The sun was shinning and there was a nice breeze that kept us cool. We were able to explore the Tastes of Chicago event and then walk by the lake again. I could have spent days exploring that city. Our trip didn't end up the way we planned, but it was still filled with memories I will treasure forever. 

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© These are the days. Design by Fearne.