27.6.16

THE SISTERHOOD

hat: target, top: hm, skirt: old navy, sandals: old navy

I've never been the type of person that enjoys talking to strangers. I would much rather keep to myself and go about my day. Then I became a mom. I love that there is an unofficial sisterhood that you enter once you become a mom. Ever since Calvin was born I found it so much easier to talk to strangers and carry on a conversation without feeling the need to run and hide. It all boils down to the fact that every mom loves talking about their child. It's normal. So when someone shows an interest in Calvin, I don't feel uncomfortable in anyway.

The reason I bring this all up is that I had the best experience last week. I decided to head downtown for the afternoon with Calvin, and since I don't have my full license yet, I took the bus. After we walked around the mall for a couple hours and picked up a couple things we headed back home. When I got on the bus there was another mom who was about my age with her toddler. From the moment I got on the bus, to the moment I got off we talked non stop!!! And this wasn't a "2 stop" bus ride. We were on the bus for about 20 minutes and yet we just talked about our kids the whole way. I felt like I was talking to a friend I've known for a while, and I loved hearing her experiences with her son Marcus. 

I love how being a mom has allowed to me create connections with people. Even if it is with people I will never get the chance to see again.

On another note, I've decided to do outfit/style posts once a week. I've always dipped my feet into fashion blogging, but I've been wanting to give it more of an effort recently :)

3 comments

  1. I'm the same, I just try and avoid all conversations with strangers as much as possible, I find them so awkward! I hope one day I'll become a mum, and make the transformation you've made! You're so pretty by the way!
    Aleeha xXx
    http://www.halesaaw.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so refreshing that there are still people out there that make the effort to talk to each other! im naturally super shy and awkward when it comes to talking to people especially other moms! so great you were able to make such a strong connection!

    XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely outfit, I love the style of your outfits! And it's so nice that you can bump into a stranger and feel like old friends. One of the best feelings! x

    www.totalmodisch.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© These are the days. Design by Fearne.