1.6.16

SUMMER PLANNING

I don't think I have been more excited about summer than I am for summer 2016! With Alex being officially done school and graduated, we wanted to plan a special vacation that wasn't our usual trip to Maine. Don't get me wrong, we still love Maine, and will try and go this year if work is good, but our big vacation this year is a trip to Chicago! I've always wanted to visit Chicago, and since it was Alex's favourite city he's lived in, we thought it would be fun to spend a few days there.

It has been so much fun planning out the places we want to see and things we want to do. I think what I am most excited about is having Alex show me around. When we first starting dating almost 4 years ago (what???!), most of our dates would be me showing Alex my favourite places in Ottawa and seeing the city through my eyes. I can not wait to let Alex show me around and see places that hold a special place in his heart. He has talked so much about Chicago since we've met, and we've planned on going back for so long now. I can't believe it is finally happening! 
We have so many fun things lined up while we're there. We're going to the zoo, aquarium, museum, Alex's old neighbourhood, eating deep dish pizza, and of course a trip to Chicago wouldn't be complete without seeing the Cubs play at Wrigley Field. I swear the music of Rookie of the Year is going to be playing in my head the whole time (shout out to any 90s kid who know what I'm talking about!). 

I'm pretty much counting down the days, and already planning what to pack. It is going to be such a blast and I can not wait to make memories that we will treasure forever

2 comments

  1. Fun! I just went to Chicago for my first time in March, and I want to go back ASAP! There is so much to do and see there. And after having Chicago deep dish pizza... I can't look at other pizza the same!

    www.caseylandblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, it is so fun to look forward and plan for trips! I have a few this summer that I'm ecstatic about!! Can't to read all about your summer adventures.

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© These are the days. Design by Fearne.