15.6.16

DON'T WORRY 'BOUT A THING

Yesterday I was going through my old burnt CDs from elementary/high school and I stumbled across one of my favourite songs when I was 13. As I was singing and dancing with Calvin I couldn't help but smile. The lyrics are so simple (and a little ridiculous), but I love the message they convey. There are so many things that I can't control so why should I let them bother me? I've decided to try my best at focusing on what I can control: my attitude. I would rather be someone who reacts with a smile, than who wastes energy on being frustrated and miserable.

It's so easy to mope around a feel sorry for myself, when I really have nothing to be sad about. I have everything I've ever wanted: a family who loves me, and a place to call home. So I'm not going to sit around and fester while I let a little bump in the road turn into an unnecessary mountain. I have the greatest support system around and I am so grateful for that.

Life gets sticky, life can bruise
Sometimes you win sometimes your losing
No matter what it brings
Don't worry 'bout a thing

1 comment

Latest Instagrams

© These are the days. Design by Fearne.