18.4.16

SPRING DAYS

Every time we go out for a walk I am reminded of how much I love our neighbourhood. There are at least 5 schools and 8 parks within a 10 minute walk from our apartment, we live right on the Ottawa river, and the neighbourhood is full of young families!

Not only do I love this time of year because of the weather, but I love having the windows open and hearing children playing. There is something so sweet about hearing young, enthusiastic voices that are full of imagination. This time of year always reminds me of when I was in elementary school. The last 2-3 months of school were always my favourite. I loved how the light nights allowed me to stay outside as long as I could with friends. My dad would get our bikes out, put up our basketball net and fill our garage with outdoor toys. I was always excited with the anticipation of summer holidays being right around the corner.

Even though I am no longer in school (or a child for that matter), I feel the same way right now. We are in the middle of planning summer vacations, we're able to go for family walks right before Calvin's bedtime, and Alex is so close to finishing school (only 3 more exams!!). The excitement is killing us!

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© These are the days. Design by Fearne.