6.4.16

HOW WE WORE IT: BRIGHT COLOURS

Time for another How We Wore It post! I know I say this every month, but I seriously love these posts! I love that it makes me look hard at my closet and pair things together that I wouldn't normally think of!

I'm going to be honest here. I'm not a fan of wearing colour. I pretty much stick to neutrals, and if I ever do wear colour it is almost guaranteed to be blue. So when I saw the photo we were to draw inspiration from I had a little mini panic. I had NO idea what I was going to put together. Then I remembered that I had a bright red trench coat I bought 4 years ago at Target and knew it would be perfect for my outfit. 
Now my original plan was to just wear the coat with the blouse. A nice bright, light spring outfit. Then of course being the ironic Ottawa I know and love, we just got a huge snowfall!!! Seriously. This morning there was no snow at all, looked like a normal spring day. Now however it looks like we're back in December. So to match the weather I added this chunky, thick scarf, which I personally think works really well with the whole outfit. 
If you want to be a part of the How We Wore It series, hop on over the Deidre's blog and fill out the  form at the bottom of her post. Also don't forget to visit the other blogs who are participating this month.

Deidre at Deidre Emme
Kyla at FordOlogy
Aubrey at Aubrey Zaruba
Berkley at Here in the Now
Alyssa at Impractical Composition
Autumn at Stay gold Autumn
Hannah at Simply Hannah Sneed
Jessica at Mason Jars and Lemon Bars
Paige at The Happy Flammily
Brielle at Breezy & Co.
Alexa at He & I
Brooke at Silver Lining
Sierra at Sierra's View
Madeline at CaseyLand
Susan at Sue's News
Bonnie at The Life of Bon
Ashley at Absolutely Ashley
Robin at Penn & Quill
Kylie at Love Always, Kylie

6 comments

  1. Soon stinkin' cute! I love the jacket with the scarf.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovin' the coat, and that scarf! Although it makes me hot just looking at it. It was 95 fahrenheit here today - yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am the opposite. i have so much color in my closet. i love the jacket! i want that thing in my closet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel the same way about neutrals and blue!! You took the words right out of my mouth. I love the color of your jacket though!

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© These are the days. Design by Fearne.