8.4.16

CALVIN'S BIRTHDAY PARTY

Since Calvin's birthday was this past week we threw him a little birthday party on Saturday. It was a little hectic with everyone in our little apartment, but I really wanted to have his party in our home. get ready for a very long post filled with a ton of photos!!
I got the idea for the theme when I bought some baby leggings that had paper airplanes all over them. I just thought they were too dang cute and immediately began thinking of a birthday party theme to match. Luckily Pinterest had a couple cute ideas that I decided to put together.  So we went with a "Time Flies" theme. I didn't want the decorations to be too fussy, rather something simple and easy.
Adam and Alicia were able to come down from Toronto for the weekend, so all of my side of the family were able to be there. We also Facetimed my in-laws for a bit so they could see Calvin eat his cake and open his gifts.We kept it just to family, quiet and nice. 
I was a little terrified about making his birthday cake. I'm not a big baker, so I was so worried I was going to ruin it (even if I was using a cake mix). Luckily my mom came over to make sure I was doing everything properly. We had a couple hiccups, but all in all it turned out perfect! And at the end of the day he loved it, so I was happy!
I still can't believe my baby is one!! It was so cute watching him open and play with his gifts. He definitely had a blast!!

2 comments

  1. his little smile in the last photo is soooo sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so adorable and I love how low key you kept it.
    How precious are your parents? How precious is your baby with cake all over his face?? That funfetti looks too delicious.

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© These are the days. Design by Fearne.