1.3.16

TENDER MERCY

Over the past couple of months I've kind of felt like I have just been coasting when it came to living the gospel. I've been reading my scriptures, going to church, praying individually as well as with Alex, but something was missing. Since being called into primary it's been hard to get the normal spiritual experiences I usually receive during Sunday meetings. So I decided to take time everyday to listen, read and study a talk given during past General Conferences. Today was my first day committing to do it and it was such a tender mercy.

I clicked on the October 2015 conference and started listening to the first talk that was listed. Little did I know that that talk would hit me to my very core and touch me so deeply. Everything that was said was exactly what I needed to hear. The talk is entitled Discovering the Divinity Within and it was given by Rosemary M. Wixom. She didn't speak about anything that is new to me, but the timing couldn't have been more perfect for me to be reminded of things I already knew. The experience I had was very personal, and I'm not going to share the details. I just wanted to share the talk on here in case you needed to hear her message, just as I did. 

God is real. 

His love for each of us is real.

3 comments

  1. I've always loved this quote from Elaine Cannon! Tender mercies are a hug from the Lord and we need them! Love ya sweetheart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of my favorite quotes about women. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen!
    I have recently felt the exact same way, serving in the primary as well. Ryan and I both gave talks last week about the atonement and grace and we were given a talk to study that has changed my life. It sounds dramatic, but it's true, haha. It has made me finally understand the atonement much better and exactly how grace play a part in our lives. https://speeches.byu.edu/talks/brad-wilcox_his-grace-is-sufficient/

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© These are the days. Design by Fearne.