14.3.16

SHE IS: CHEALSEY WALTON

Hello everyone at These Are The Days! My Name is Chealsey, and I blog over at Chealsey Walton Blog. I'm a wife, momma, & a bulldog lover. I have 2 of them & boy are they stubborn. I'm so excited to write this guest post on Beech's blog & be part of her finding strength series, but I am also very nervous. Something you should know about me is that I'm not very good at expressing how I feel.

I'm the one who keeps everything bottled in until I break & I'm trying no to do that. It is very hard for me to be strong, it is very hard for me to find my strength & it is very easy for me to loose myself. After all I am human. While you are trying to be strong no mater the situation, know that it is ok to breakdown once in a while, to have a long cry, to avoid a situation that's making you sad to take some time for yourself & know that whatever you're going through things are going to get better. From the bad day you're having, a death you're grieving, a job you've lost, infertility issues, whatever the case may be I've been through everything listed above & it's not easy. There are times where I have wanted to give up many times. I continue to be surprised by how much strength I have. I believe we all have this greater inner strength, bigger than we may know ourselves. This quote has always stuck with me when I am going through tough times:

"Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."
- A.A Milne
I have found my greatest strength through my daughter's eyes. I want to be strong for her, I want to tear he she can overcome any obstacle thrown her way as long as she believes in herself, but I also want her to know that it is ok to cry when she is sad, laugh when she is happy, be vulnerable when the time is right, that's it's ok to break down something. Because we are all human and we are all capable of strength, even if we are not during hard times. 

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© These are the days. Design by Fearne.