28.3.16

HAIR HOW TO: SUBTLE CURLS

In today's Hair How To, I'm going to be showing you how to get these soft subtle curls. When I was in high school I used to curl my hair all the time, but I would never touch my hair once I finished curling. I would overload it with hairspray which made them very hard and crunchy. I literally looked like a spring head! Nowadays I much prefer softer curls.

To get these curls I used my 2 inch Hot Tools curling iron. I have 2 different Hot Tools curling irons and I love them both! You can choose your heat setting, it takes just a few seconds to heat up and it never leaves my hair feeling dry or damaged.

Anyways... To start this look you are going to want freshly washed hair. I let my hair air dry to about 70%, then quickly blow dried it.
Step One: Start off with straightening the bottom half of your hair. This step keeps the ends more tame and also stops the curls from getting too springy looking. 
Step two: I usually divide my hair into 3 sections, then I curl 1 inch pieces. When you curl, clamp right at the root then curl away from your face while opening and closing the clamp. Leave the ends out while keeping your hair in the curling iron for 7-10 seconds.
Step Three: At this point you're going to look like Goldie Locks. Let your curls sit for about 2-3 minutes so they can set before you start messing them around.
Step Four: Start to deconstruct your curls by gently running your fingers through your hair. You can also use your hair brush to do this, just make sure you do it very softly. 
Step Five: I could go on, and on and on about this stuff, it's the only hair product that I use every single day. I prefer using these type of sprays over hairspray because they do basically the same thing without leaving a crunch residue. Not to mention I love the volume it gives! Lift your hair at the root and spray generously through your curls. Don't forget to work the product in with your fingers.
And there you go! Subtle, voluminous curls that aren't tight or crunchy.

6 comments

  1. You are gorgeous. I love when beauty products come unsponsored and recommended from a friend. I need that texturizing spray!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brooke! :) It seriously is SO good! And super cheap which is a bonus!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Mine too!! I'm obsessed with it!

      Delete

Latest Instagrams

© These are the days. Design by Fearne.