29.1.16

VALENTINE'S DAY: RETRO MAKEUP LOOK

For this week's Valentine's makeup look, I thought it would be fun to do something inspired by the 1950s. I don't know about you, but I am major fan of winged eyeliner and bright red lipstick. There's just something about the 1950s that screams Valentines to me. I wanted to do something a little outside of my comfort zone with my hair, so I tried some pin curls. I mean come on, when it comes to the 50s, go big or go home! Here are the products I used to achieve this look.
Stila Eyeshadow Palette in In The Know: I have owned this palette for a little over 3 years and I've only hit pan on one eyeshadow, which is phenomenal. I used the top left shadow for all over my lid, then used the middle shadow on the bottom to gently define my crease. These eyeshadows blend out beautifully and are extremely long lasting.

Essence Waterproof Felt Tip Eyeliner: I've tried many (high end and drugstore) felt tip eyeliners, and this is by far the best one I have ever used. This stuff does not budge once you apply. I've even taken a nap while wearing it and there was no smudging or fading. The tip is also very easy to control so it isn't too difficult to add a wing to your liner. 

Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara: The is my second favourite mascara next to the Covergirl Super Sizer mascara. It makes my lashes fan out a little more, so I use this mascara whenever I do winged eyeliner.

The Body Shop Radiant Highlighter: This product adds just a hint of highlight without making it look glittery. Just the perfect amount of glow. Since it is a cream product though you need to dab  when you are applying because it will take off your foundation if you rub it on.

Nyx Blush in Mauve: This blush is great for pairing with bright lip colours since it isn't too overpowering. It's still pretty pigmented, but because the colour isn't too intense, it has a more natural effect.

Rimmel Apocalips in Big Bang: When it comes to a classic red lip this is my favourite product to use. It lasts the whole day and doesn't dry out your lips, which is crucial when you are wearing such a bright colour.
 If you missed last weeks makeup look click here. Don't forget to come back next Friday for another Valentine's inspired makeup look!

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© These are the days. Design by Fearne.