11.12.15

WASHINGTON DC - DOWNTOWN

I was so excited to spend an entire day exploring downtown Washington DC. Since it was Thanksgiving Day, it was pretty quiet. There is nothing better than being able to do touristy things and not feel like there is an ambush of people everywhere you go. We first visited the White House. I have always loved the architecture of this building, so I couldn't wait to actually see it in person.
Next we walked down to the mall to see the Washington Monument, the World War II memorial, and the Lincoln memorial. That chunk of the day was definitely my favourite. The War memorial was absolutely beautiful, and there was such a reverence there. It was one of those moments where I decided to put my camera away, and pay respect for those who gave their lives for future generations. I didn't want to be distracted by taking pictures, I just wanted to soak it all in.
We then walked to the other side of the mall to go the Air and Space Museum. We had heard there was a moon rock that was on display that you are allowed to touch. Not going to lie, the idea was cool, and I was super excited, but it was a little bit of a disappointment. It wasn't at all what I imagined to look like, and the display was just meh. At the end of the day I got to touch a piece of the moon, so it is still one of those "once in a lifetime moments". 
I still have one more post from my Washington trip to post, so stay tuned for that!

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© These are the days. Design by Fearne.