10.12.15

A RESPONSE TO "GIRLYGIRL"

I have been blogging for almost 6 years, and I have never (ever) received a comment like this one before. First things first it came at the worst possible moment. I have been sick for the past few days so I've just moping around. I had to read and re-read it a few times because I couldn't believe what I was reading.

This comment was in response to my "Unsolicited advice + eczema" post. When I wrote this post I wanted to write it in a way that talked about how I felt. I mentioned quite a few times that I understood that people had good intentions, they just needed to think how it would affect a new mom. There is nothing worse than feeling like you don't know what's best for your child. No matter what the situation we need to think before we speak. I feel that ever since Elder Bednar gave his talk on how we need control our reactions, and choose to not be offended, people think that means that they can say whatever they want and it's not their problem if someone gets hurt.

I really don't understand why people feel the need to go out of their way to write comments that cut people. Whether I struggle with pride, or not, it's no one's right to point it out. When did pointing out someone weaknesses make you more righteous?

5 comments

  1. I have never understood how some people think it is okay to say things intentionally that will hurt someone's feelings. The scripture Matthew 7:3-5 about the mote and beam is coming to mind. You're awesome Bekah, don't let rude people make you sad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. John 8:7. That would be my response to girlygirl. We all struggle with pride to some extent, just as we all deal with and process things differently. I do believe in being honest with one another, but I like my honesty sprinkled with a bit of powdered sugar and I wish others would do the same. I think the reason others go out of their way to write scathing comments is due to something dark and angry within themselves. Whether they want to admit it or not, it's insecurity. As T Swift would say, "Shake it off." :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry you had to receive such a comment as that. I think what makes me most angry about the internet is that people will often say things that they would never say to a person in real life. I read your 'eczema' post and I understood and appreciated the things you wrote in it. Nobody wants to be told what to do by random people because well, honestly those people aren't qualified to just hand out random advice because they may not know the full situation. It is a shame that some people feel the need to point out 'problems' in others because well, what's the point? Why not point out the positive things in life? People respond much better to positivity than they do negativity. I'm so sorry you had to have a comment like that left on your blog! Those kind of people are just lame.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry about the comment that you received. I know just how you feel, having been victim to rude comments on the net myself. Makes you wonder what good these people get from commenting this way. I think they are the ones who have issues.

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© These are the days. Design by Fearne.