15.10.15

GROWTH

I'm trying my hardest not cry as I look through photos of Calvin when he was just a few days old. I can't believe how much he's grown, how much I've grown. Only a few short months ago he came into our lives, and he has changed it forever. For the first few weeks I was so clueless. I had no idea what I was doing, but I soldiered on. Bear with me as I voice something I've learned over the past couple weeks. I may not be the "model" mom, but when it comes to being Calvin's mother, I'm quite the expert. I still can't believe how smooth the transition into motherhood was for me. When I was pregnant I was absolutely terrified, especially since I had no idea what I was getting into. Luckily I have a son who completely understands me, and in return I completely understand. 
Now with all that being said I am nowhere near "the perfect mom". But the thing is none of us are. The whole point of being on this earth is so we can grow and become more like our Heavenly Father. Just like everyone else, I have completely changed as a person over the past few years. But I must say that I have never felt so much growth than I have over these past (short) 6 months. It's incredible how such a small little person can change your priorities, and make you love in a way you never thought was possible. A person that has deepened my love for my mom, for my spouse, and most importantly for my Heavenly Father. 


1 comment

Latest Instagrams

© These are the days. Design by Fearne.