19.3.15

BUMPDATE: 39 WEEKS

How far along are you? 39 weeks

Weight gain: 38 pounds. Be interesting to see if I hit the 40 mark ;)

Sleep: Good nights and bad nights. It really depends on what I have been doing during the day. If I've been cleaning and moving around quite a bit, I usually wake up a couple times with pains.

Movement: When I have a nice cold glass of water, or eat some grapes/fruit he gets pretty excited. He's also still hiccupping away!

Favourite moments: Sitting without saying a word and just watching him move. I'm trying to treasure these moments as long as I can. I can't believe he is going to be here so soon! I am going to absolutely miss having him all to myself, so I have been soaking up every last moment.

Weird pregnancy things: (1) My fingers have joined the swollen and chubby club. My engagement and wedding bands and quite tight, but I still refuse to take them off. They aren't at the uncomfortably tight stage yet. (2) My tailbone flares up now and again from the pressure of his head moving down. Not comfortable, but still bearable.

Happy or moody? Happy, but getting easily annoyed here and there. I've never been a fan of unsolicited advice, and I know people mean well and don't intend for it to come across the way it does, it's just something that has always bugged me. Every time someone asks how my pregnancy is going and I say: "Incredibly well, I've been so lucky. No complaints." I get a response like: "Oh give it a few weeks and you will be wishing this baby would come out. The last month is always the hardest, etc." It's as if people are wishing for me to have some sort of bad experience towards the end of my pregnancy, because they did. Maybe I'm being a little too harsh, but it's just how I have been feeling over the past few weeks. With that being said, I am grateful for the amount of support and love I have received from women of all ages and stages of life. I love being asked about my pregnancy and know that people are genuinely concerned/thinking about me. But trust me, when I say I'm doing incredibly well, I mean it. I've never been good at hiding my emotions, most people can read me like a book, so if I was having a rough time, trust me you would know about it.

Looking forward to: This Saturday my mom and I are attending a baby show which should be loads of fun. Then again, it all depends if baby is here or not.

4 comments

  1. Haha I know what you mean about unsolicited advice. I get bugged by it too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look amazing! I wasn't a fan of the advice either, but the advice we got that I wish we would have taken a little more seriously, is to take as many date nights as you can! They are far and few between once baby gets here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man, once you have the baby even more unsolicited advice comes, it's super fun! ;) I'm so glad you're feeling great! Excited to see this little babe make his appearance!

    ReplyDelete
  4. People can be so annoying! haha. I hated that too- all the "Just you wait! It'll get worse!"s. Like, let me feel happy. Can't wait to see your baby :)

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© These are the days. Design by Fearne.