25.2.15

ONE MONTH

I had a random thought a couple days ago: I'm not going to pregnant for much longer. I know it's an obvious statement, since this baby could come at any time now (!!!!!!!). As much as I can not wait to meet our son and have him here, I am really going to miss being pregnant.

I had so many assumptions about pregnancy before I was pregnant. I assumed I would gain weight everywhere, that I would be sick for 9 months straight. I assumed I would be super tired, and hibernate at home the whole duration. But to be honest, I have never been happier. Getting to know this baby and feel him grow has been such a beautiful experience for me.

The selfish part of me isn't ready to share him with the world yet. For the past 8 months I've had him all to myself, and I have loved every moment. I know he is safe where he is right now. The world can't touch him, can't hurt him. I hope that as he grows he will know how much I love him. How much I want the best for him. How hard I am trying to be the best mother for him.

With all these fears and doubts, I know that Alex and I are meant to be parents at this precise time. And if our Heavenly Father has faith in us, then I guess that will be enough to get me through.

Not long now little one. Not long at all.

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© These are the days. Design by Fearne.