5.2.14

LET'S CELEBRATE

This week my little blog turned 4.
Isn't that crazy?!
4 years!
It's been 4 years since I wanted to try something new.
So I opened my laptop and started to write.

As I've mentioned many times on this blog:
I'm a starter, not a finisher. 
There are so many hobbies and skills that I have wanted to try, and have stopped after a few months. 
Blogging is one of the few hobbies that I have stuck with.
Through thick and thin, this blog has stayed here.

So much has changed over the 4 years.
First off the title changed.
4 times... ;)
1// Vanilla Slumber Hopefully that explains why my url is the way it is. And to be honest, I don't plan on changing it. It reminds me of myself 4 years ago. I was such a random kid. Seriously though, go back and read some past posts. They're pretty random and entertaining!
2// A Mile in Her Shoes My blog slowly started to become more lifestyle focused, and I thought the name change was clever. Reading my blog was like walking a mile in my shoes. Get it? Deep right? ;)
3// A & B Since I was engaged I thought I would focus the blog more on Alex and I, instead of just me. I had someone else in my life now that was going to walk with me, and I thought it was appropriate for my blog to reflect that.
4// These are the days I feel that no matter what stage I am in my life, this title will always relate. "These are days, you'll remember" (via) Everyday should be remembered.

I've learned.
+ photography
+ editing
+ graphic design

I've changed. 
I've gone from a girl who was:
+ a student, to a full time merchandiser at Target
+ terrified of making mistakes, to one who faces change head on
+ an awkward single girl, to a happily married wife (then again I'm still awkward with certain things, just no longer with guys.. thank goodness!)

But most importantly,
I've developed.

Lastly, I want to thank YOU.
Yeah you.
I don't see your face, I probably don't even know your name, but knowing that someone reads, and relates to me has helped.
Yes I am awful at replying to comments, but I must tell you that every time I log into blogger and see a comment notification, I get excited to read what you have to say.
The blogging community is absolutely incredible, and I am so blessed to be able to form a connection with people that I never would have known.
You all rock, and I love you!

So this is my longdoesn'tquitemakesensepost to celebrate 4 years of blogging.
Happy Birthday/week little blog!

*make a wish*

6 comments

  1. Bekah, this is wonderful! Happy 4 year Blogaversary. What a wonderful journey you have had and are continuing to have. Your blog is one of favourites and I love reading through the simple life you seem to have.

    Have a glorious week lovely lady x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are adorable, and I get so excited every time I see you have blogged! You can call me your blog stalker I guess, I'm ok with that as my title. ;)
    But really, you're adorable and so is your life, but you're also real and don't sugar coat things. I really look up to you and appreciate that about you! Anyways, hope you're not too creeped out by some random stranger saying this to you. I guess I'm just trying to say, thank you for sticking to this hobby haha ok I'm done now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is darling! happy birthday blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet post. And Happy Blogaversary! Glad I have stumbled upon your little space online.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice job Bekah! I come one here every now and then and it's always fun to see and read about life happenings. Way to stick with it! I love that quote by President Monson about choices. Keep up the awesome work!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cute! Happy 4th birthday to your blog! Here's to many more years :)
    xo TJ

    http://www.hislittlelady.com

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© These are the days. Design by Fearne.