1.1.14

2014

As I mentioned last year, I'm not one for "resolutions".
Instead I prefer to make goals.

This year my goals include:

1 // Reading. A couple years ago I made a goal to read one book every week, and I loved discovering new books. This past year has been a crazy one, so I didn't read as much as I would liked. So this year I am changing that.

2 // Health. I've been working out 6 days out of 7 the past few weeks, and I want to make sure I continue to do that throughout the year. I want to push my body and myself, to feel the strongest and healthiest I can.

3 // Teaching. I really want to work on my teaching skills. Try different things, push my comfort zone and study more in preparation for my lessons. I want to focus my personal scripture study on the topics I am preparing for the young women so I can learn as much as I can.

4 // Talents. I want to discover more talents of my talents, and try things I would never normally gravitate towards. But I also want to develop talents that I already have. I want to sing more, study more photography, continue to learn about graphic design, and get my "creative juices" flowing.

5 // Marriage. I think one thing that Alex and I both want to work on is actually going out on dates. I'm a huge homebody, and since we now live together, I never find a need to go out because everything I want is at home. But at the same time I want to go out more. Discover our city, take time to just walk and talk.

What are your goals for 2014?

6 comments

  1. i love goal 5! it's so easy to become homebodies - i'm the same way!! here's to actually going out on dates!! :) happy new years!!
    xox
    courtney
    alecandcourtneysalmon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. Number 5 is so crucial. Stephen and I aren't married yet but we already spend most of our time at home (which is great) but I also feel like I am missing out on something for our relationship.

      Happy 2014 to you both!

      S x

      Delete
  2. what great goals for the new year! i decided i want to work on consistency in my life this year.
    definitely want to work on consistently working out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lots of our goals overlap :) and that photo is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love this! you two are so dang cute! do you have any books you really love? i got a nook for christmas and i need some recommendations :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing goals. I am shocked at how important date night really is. It's completely crucial. Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© These are the days. Design by Fearne.