26.12.13

AFTER CHRISTMAS

Today is Boxing Day.
aka the Canadian equivalent to Black Friday.
I worked a 4am-12:30 shift, and I have come to the conclusion that I hate Boxing day.

No it's not the crowds.
No it's not the rude costumers.
No it's not because I had to work.

It's the fact that after a day where we are supposed to be in an attitude of giving, majority of Canadians are lining up outside of stores to spend hundreds of dollars on things they don't even need.
Some people seem more excited about Boxing Day, than they are for Christmas.
And this makes me sad.

So while a lot of people I know are running around looking for deals, I'm at home in leggings and a cardigan.
I'd much rather be at home keeping the spirit of Christmas (and Christ) in my mind.
Besides, Christmas is still here.
Christmas isn't about the turkey dinner.
Christmas isn't about the deals in the stores the next day.
Christmas isn't about the presents.
It's in His presence.

I hope you all had a lovely Christmas day :)

1 comment

  1. I am not a Boxing Day or Black Friday shopper, exactly for the reasons you stated =). It's still Christmas at our house!

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© These are the days. Design by Fearne.