4.3.13

Chapter 609

*
Meet Morgan. 
I've known her for about 10 years now.
Let's just say our friendship has gone through quite a few ups and downs.
Youth drama, high school awkwardness, to finally dear friends again.

Like I said in previous posts, youth was a difficult time for me.
Practically all my best friends from church stopped coming and it broke my heart.
Morgan was one of those friends. 
So high school was a weird time for both of us.
Nothing mean or bitter was ever said, we would exchange hellos in the hall but that was about it.

So in fall 2011 when I saw her get out of her dad's car at YSA I was thrilled.
Before I even realized what I was doing, I screamed out to her, ran over and gave her a huge hug.
Slightly uncomfortable, yes, but little did I know how much of an impact that simple act had on her.
It wasn't until May 2012 that she told me how that hug changed everything.
She was pretty hesitant about coming to church, but once I stepped out of my comfort zone she knew she needed to come back.

She leaves next Monday to serve a full time mission for our church.
St. George Utah is getting an incredible girl, and I can't wait to hear of all her stories.
I am so grateful to have had the opportunity to see her grow in the past year and a half.
Couldn't be happier for you Morgan.
You are an amazing missionary, example, and friend.
Love you dearly!
See you in 18 months, you will be missed!

Bekah

3 comments

  1. this is so sweet! i think everyone had a rough go when they were younger. but how cool to serve in a church mission!
    Helene in Between

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just randomly ran across your blog! St. George is my hometown! It is beautiful and Hot! SHE WILL LOVE IT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you girls are gorgeous.
    and congrats to your friend!
    i love st geezy!

    K

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© These are the days. Design by Fearne.