27.2.13

Chapter 605

Lately I've been loving the whole "getting ready as quickly as possible" hairstyles. I'm not one to wake up super early just to have time to do my hair and makeup. Yes, I do like looking nice when I leave for work in the morning, but I also love my sleep. Saving time is a necessity for me in the mornings. So I thought I would share with you my new go-to hairstyle. Quick, easy, and super cute. There is seriously no wrong way to do this. Messier the better :)
So let's get started
I like to do my makeup first (if you want a makeup tutorial leave a comment), while my hair is drying. You want your hair to be damp, so you spend less time blow drying your hair. Which is also better for your hair, doesn't dry it out as much.
Next, part your hair. I prefer a slightly off center part, as opposed to a certain part. Maybe it's just my face, I don't know, I just prefer it. I take the handle of my comb, line it up with the tip of my eyebrow and pull through my hair. Gives a clean part.
Give your hair a nice brush through.
Take your blow dryer and start drying :)
There are 2 tricks that I always follow. First: I find that flipping my head upside down and drying the back first is best. Nothing more annoying than curling that bottom layer of hair when it is damp. Frustrates me all the time. Second: I take my bangs, pull them down, and blow dry them at an angle pointing down. I hope that makes sense. I really don't know how else to describe it.
I prefer to use a flat iron to curl my hair. Now and again I will use my curling iron like a wand, but 95% of the time I use my handy dandy straightener. I have two flat irons, but I always use my 1inch to curl. I find they make a nicer size of curls. I pin up about a third of my hair and start curling away from face.
I take about a 1inch section, clamp at the top, slide to about have way down then twist away from face. I don't twist all the way down, because I want the ends to be straight instead of curled. Repeat until you have done your entire head.
I do the same thing with bangs, except I twist the ends so they curl into my curls (that sounds weird.. oh well)
 The final step is to take your favourite hairspray (mine is Dove, INCREDIBLE!), whip your head upside down and spray while shaking your head. Do until you are satisfied with the look.
 And after that you are done!!!!

This look usually takes me a grand total of 10-15 minutes to do. Which may seem long to some, but for me that is nothing. I have extremely long, thick hair so 15 minutes feels like seconds :) 

At the end of the day it's what you are most comfortable doing. Like I said at the beginning, the messier the better. You can't go wrong. So go ahead, try it out and experiment away.

Bekah

If you want anymore tutorials in the future, either leave a comment or email me at rebekahannewagner@gmail.com

8 comments

  1. So cute!! You have awesome hair!
    xoxo
    T

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous. you seriously have the best hair ever lady.

    K

    ReplyDelete
  3. curling with a straightener is my method also! messy hair is the best. cute! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. i curl my hair with my straightener too but i can never get it to look like that...and i am so jealous of your hair length. thanks for the tutorial! you look so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww looks lovely, would love long hair like yours!

    Harri

    at-rubik.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks -- I thinkg my own styling is still quicker, though. Wash it, dry with a towel, run my hand from front to back, and voila - all done (and dry)! ....Dad :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the way you do your curls, I too love the messy look. You nailed it!!

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© These are the days. Design by Fearne.