30.11.12

Chapter 519


*
I always need to be reminded of this. No matter what is going on in my life, I tend to forget how much sincere prayer makes all the difference. 

I'm about to share something with you all that I haven't been very open with.. with anyone really. I feel I need to write about it to make any progress on my situation. I have anxiety. I think some people don't fully understand what anxiety means. For me it is mainly focused around fear. I have so many fears and I let them take control. The past few months I have gone through fear after fear and it has just come to the point where I am done. 

I am done with letting these fears take over my life. And I am finally ready to seek the help I need. This week I tried my hardest to turn these fears over to my Heavenly Father. I know that with His help I can get through this. But unfortunately He isn't the only thing that will help me to overcome. I need extra help. Professional help. Now I am not going to see someone, not at this point, but I am finally willing to read the books my mom has encouraged me to read. After months of thinking I don't need the help, I am finally willing to get that help.

It's funny because I am actually doing better. This week has really opened my eyes. I haven't even opened the books yet. Sometimes I guess we just need to accept that we have a problem, and are willing to change it. 

And to think it all started with a simple prayer. 

Bekah

1 comment

  1. I have read several posts lately about how debilitating anxiety can be. You are not alone.

    I Wore Yoga Pants to Work

    Don't Quote the Raven

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© These are the days. Design by Fearne.