29.7.12

Chapter 397

Day 201 - July 29, 2012
--------------------------------
Ottawa has been going through a rough drought this summer. It has rain only 3 (maybe 4) times this entire summer! The grass is like straw, and it's so humide, not super hot, but REALLY humid. I couldn't help but smile when I saw this little flower. All the flowers surrounding it are completely dried up, but this little fella is still going strong :) Even through hard times, we can still grow. We have the essentials: scriptures, prayers, friends, family. I am grateful for those simple things that can still help us grow. 

Last night I had the opportunity to spend the night at the Big Apple (the new house of Jenn, Brigitte, Caitlin, Jessica and Carissa). Jenn has been alone this summer in the house (minus Jess's sublet), so I thought it was about time I gave her some company. Jenn is one of my dearest friends. She is bang on when it comes to the gospel, such an incredible listener, and so dang hilarious. Seriously our conversations span from trying remember what the twelve sons of Jacob's names are, to making Eustace faces. I absolutely love this girl, and I can't wait for the fall when I can see her so much more!!!! Definitely one of my kindred spirits! 

Bekah

2 comments

  1. I'm from Seattle, so the though of a drought is unimaginable.


    Peony

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© These are the days. Design by Fearne.