19.7.12

Chapter 382

I just put down "The Maid of Fairbourne Hall", and I must say I am extremely in love with this novel!! 
Margaret Macey is living the perfect life. Part of London's high society, courting the very sauve Lewis Upchurch, and awaiting to inherit a deceased aunt's fortune. her life is perfect, almost perfect. After her father's death, her mother remarried, along with this pig of a man, came a fortune hungry nephew, who will do anything to get her to accept his proposal, even if it means compromising her virtue. Overhearing their plans one night, Margaret flees London, with her maid Joan. Thankfully, with some help from Joan, she is able to disguise herself and get a job as a housemaid. The long days, and hard work quickly become very demanding compared to her pampering. As if hiding from a stepfather, and housework isn't enough stress, but the owners of the house just happen to be the Upchurch's. Margaret must avoid being recognized until her 25th birthday. 3 months seems an awful long time.
I can't even talk about how much I love this book. Everything about it! GAH!! The upstairs-downstairs reminded me so much of Downtown Abbey. Love, love LOVE!! Julie Klassen, you are officially on my favourite author list!!!
FIVE STARS

Bekah

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© These are the days. Design by Fearne.