11.7.12

Chapter 375

Day 183 - July 11, 2012
---------------------------------------
This evening I decided to do something I haven't done in a while: pick up my sketchbook and doodle :) I forgot how much I enjoy having a pen in my hand and writing/drawing whatever comes to my mind.

I also finished Melanie Dickerson's "The Healer's Apprentice". The book is based in the mid 1300s in Germany. 17 year old Rose has been appointed the healer's apprentice at Hagenheim Castle. An odd position for a squeamish girl, not to mention a woodcutters daughter. Her mother is convinced to find her a proper match, even a bloated, old bachelor who Rose gets the "heebie-jeebies" around. But then she meets Lord Hamlin. She has vowed to never marry, or even fall in love, so why is she falling for him? A man far above her, and is already betrothed to a mysterious young woman in hiding. Her life soon becomes a complete confusion, and she must decide what to do.

Knights, mystery, balls, romance, everything you would expect in a medieval novel. I adored this book! I love anything that is in the medieval time period, so I just devoured this book! Again this was another novel I was surprised with. I knew I was going to enjoy it, but I didn't think I would like it this much! I just love Rose to bits! I feel I can relate to her on so many levels!!! I swear we could have been great friends!!
FOUR STARS

The amount of times I have posted this video is pretty ridiculous. But I just can't get enough. This song randomly pops into my head and I just have to watch the video. Always!

Bekah

1 comment

  1. Oh my gosh... I totally want to go doodle now!! So fun! (And you have cute doodle handwriting, ha ha)
    This book sounds so good. I'm totally getting it on my kindle!

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© These are the days. Design by Fearne.