17.5.12

Chapter 309

This time 3 years ago I was getting ready for Prom. Wooopdeedoo!! I was uberly uber excited!! You know how everyone says you are going to look back and realize how prom really isn't a big deal and you're all like "Nu-uhhh!! Prom will be my favourite memory ever!!" Yeah I've finally realized those people were right (shout out to the parentals and Andrew). With that said, prom was super duper fun! I really did enjoy it... but it wasn't nearly as romantic, or incredible as I thought it would be. Then again, that's what I thought my whole high school experience was going to be like... and yeah no ;) 

Garden Parties

I went to two garden parties. It was slightly dramatic. Two of my closest friends were each having a garden party at their houses before the dance. And since I didn't want to step on any toes I went to both. 

First was Beaners (pink dress). These three girls are on the list of why HS rocked butt! Wow looking at these pictures are actually hilarious! I can't even get over how much we've all changed. HA too much. I'm peeing, I swear. Not actually.. that would be gross.





BESTIE FOR LIFIE!!!

Next was Beci's. Beci is a party hardy kind of gal, has a mansion of a house and the place was packed with people! It was pretty intense!





The Date

Meet Harrison. Funny story: so in January 2009 my mom says to me "Hey you should ask Harrison to prom!" After an awkward moment of intense blushing, I just say: "uh, NO! Are you crazy!!??" So here's the thing, I had the biggest crush on this kid. We'd never talked.... EVER. And yet I was madly in love with him. Why? ... Are you ready for this? Because he looks like.. ZAC EFRON! Yep, I am shallow individual, I admit it! We were in the same stake, and he is cousins with my Bishop. I had been drooling over this child for years. Pathetic? Yes.
 After months and months of brushing the idea away, I finally had the courage during March break (right after watching HSM3 I might add) to call Harrison, a boy I had never talked to before, to go to prom with me. And bless his little cotton socks he said yes! Honestly he is such a fun guy, and I am so glad I got the opportunity to get to know him, as a friend! I'll never forget walking down the stairs all done up and there is Harrison standing at the bottom of the stairs. I felt like a princess, and what does he say? "DANNG!" K just kill me now boy! For reals!!!!!!!! I wanted him to fall madly in love with me. Truth. But seriously, long over that. Great guy, and yes I still think he looks like Zefron, but I have grown up from that. He's a good friend!
Months later my mom says to me: "I can't believe you actually asked him! I never would have had the guts to do it." To be honest I am pretty shocked myself! 
Ready for something even funnier? He is now serving a mission in the Philippines and my best friend dated him for the last 6 months he was in Ottawa. She is unofficially, officially waiting for him. Just thought it was ironic. 



The Dinner and Dance:

Nothing uber memorable. Just a mediocre dinner, and an average dance with crappy music. Another funny story: After 4 years of waiting I finally had my dance with Harrison. First Youth Conference I asked him and he said he had a waiting list. AWKWARD. Then again, look who got the last laugh! MUAHAHA!HA!HA! :) 



And now an homage to the people I no longer talk to.





The list could go on, but we shall stop at these 4. 

After the festivities, and once everyone starting drifting off to their rooms to get crazy drunk, Harrison and I took our leave. Listened to She and Him on the way home, then went to do some bowling :) I must thank you Harrison, for not just a splendid evening, but for introducing me to She and Him. My life has been changed forever.

I still can't believe this was 3 years ago! I swear I don't feel 21. I still feel like that insecure 18 year old who was so worried about impressing other people. Who am I kidding. I may still feel 18, but there is no way I am anything like that insecure little 18 year old. As long ago as it seems, whenever I see those friends from high school, it's like nothing has changed and even if we haven't spoken in months, we can still hug and act totally normal. Thank goodness for that! If anyone hates awkward encounters, it's me!! Part of me misses high school. Life was so much simpler then. But the more I think about it, I wouldn't trade these complex, confusing days for those easier ones. No way Jose!!!!

Bekah

2 comments

  1. Sometimes you have to give your offspring a little push in the right direction (even if it is something you wouldn't have done yourself!) It worked out though so don't knock it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't that weird how much you can change in just a few years? High school seems so long ago!

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© These are the days. Design by Fearne.