26.2.12

Chapter 225

Day 57 - February 26, 2012



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank goodness I have a day off tomorrow. This weekend has pretty much killed my sleeping patterns. LITERALLY! Brigitte stayed over 2 nights in a row, and we pretty much crashed we were so tired!!!! I am looking forward to church (as always), then dinner with Andrew and Kelsi :)

I didn't have chance last night to talk about the temple, so I thought I would do a quick go over with it. I find it interesting that you can be SO convinced that things are going they way they should, then all of sudden you get a prompting that goes completely against your feelings. When this happens I usually throw a fit. I do end up following it, but I complain first. I know, bad habit. But the past few months I have really tried to re-focus my life and be more willing to follow the Lord's will, instead of mine. It's sounds a lot easier than it is, well for me at least. It's a work in progress, but I'm getting there. 

So while I was attending a baptismal session, I started to study my scriptures and write in my journal. I felt I was writing things that I never would thought of or accepted. Re-reading what I wrote was really incredible. It wasn't anything crazy, but the fact that I was able to completely accept something and feel at peace with it, is so not like me. I'm ridiculously stubborn, so when things change on me I ain't happy. But I am totally ok with what the Spirit was telling me. It took me longer than him (I'm talking months) to finally have a confirmation that we are not supposed to be together. I know now that the promptings I was getting before were pretty much saying: "Rebekah, stop being stupid, bitter, and stubborn and let him be your friend again." He is supposed to be in my life, but not in the way I thought he was going to be. I am completely ok with it! :) Thank goodness I have a Heavenly Father you knows me better than I do, and has someone out there who will make me happier than he can. I'm not saying being around him doesn't make me happy, it does. But I will be happy in a way I have never been able to comprehend before. And I can't wait. I'm going to go back to school, continue to follow Him as best I can, and prepare myself for that boy. Being happy now is key in this life. No more waiting for the next thing to happen. I'm just going to be me, and trust the Lord's timing rather than my own

Have an incredible Sunday

Beks

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© These are the days. Design by Fearne.