3.1.12

Chapter 193

Day 3 - January 3, 2012

Slumber

 

I have felt like such a hermit the past few nights. Wait no, hermit sounds too pathetic.. let's see couch potato. Nope still pathetic. Home buddy? Yeah I guess that works, then again, that pretty much describes me on a regular basis. I completely plan on going to bed early tonight. Right when I was getting even more tired, I realized I hadn't done my picture of the day. So I wandered around my room, took a bunch of random pictures I wasn't extremely happy with, so I took a picture of my feet, and me lying on my bed. Why not?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I finished Milkweed today and I must say I was rather impressed. I must admit the first 60 pages were pretty slow, and it was quite difficult to get into. It took me days to get through those pages, but once I got through I was done the book in no time. All in all it was a good read. Wasn't one of those fluffy, fun and sweet novel, but was rather dark and depressing. It is based in Warsaw during the beginning of WWII, and how the homeless orphans ages 8-12 lived, and in some cases, died. It is told through the eyes of an 8 year old boy who doesn't know who he is. So he just listens to whatever name people give him: Gypsy, Jew, Thief, Stupid. Seen as it is told in his eyes, everything he sees is portrayed so innocently, when as the reader, you know very well that the Jews were not treated with any kindest by the Nazis. I recommend this novel for sure, but only unless you aren't easily disturbed. Not that the novel is gruesome or gory, but just extremely sad, since the novel is based on events that actually happened. 


FOUR STARS

The next book on my list I am extremely excited to read. It is the first of a series by Ally Condie. The book is entitled "Matched", and I know for a fact that I am absolutely going to LOVE this book!! I just love anything and everything that is futuristic that is based on a Dystopian society, that has an extremely screwed up political framework. Tonight I plan on reading until I convince myself to fall asleep.

Hope you all have a wonderful evening!

Bekah

2 comments

  1. Now I want to read "Milkweed"! The Dystopian society theme is one I like, too - "The Giver" and "1984" both being on my top ten list. Can't wait to see what you think of the next one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone needs a good ol' hermit/couchpotato/homey night:-) Reading is one of my favorite relaxing things to do! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© These are the days. Design by Fearne.