19.9.10

Chapter 53

A few months ago my best friend Tyler got his mission call to serve in the Tokyo Japan Mission. In my religion (Latter Day Saint) once the young men in our church turn 19, they are encouraged to serve a full-time mission for 2 years. For these two years they follow strict rules (no TV, music, certain dress standards, etc.) and preach the gospel to a certain area of the world, with another full-time missionary. During this time, they are only allowed to email their family (call them on Christmas and Mothers Day) but can only write everyone else through letters. He leaves this Tuesday, so of course today was his last Sunday. He invited us to take part in his setting a part as a full-time missionary. It was so hard to hug him for the last time before he got set a part (once they are set a part they are not permitted to have any physical contact with women). I am going to miss him so much! But I know he is doing the right thing and I couldn't be more proud of him! I have known him since grade 7, and let me tell you it has been quite a dramatic friendship with a lot of bumps along the road (mostly my fault :S), but I am glad he is one of best friends!! From childhood crush, to first date, to fights, to awkwardness, to more fights, to finally just friends! It has been a roller-coaster of a ride, but I wouldn't change it for anything!!





It was hard to say goodbye, and I know the next few months are going to be pretty emotional, but I am so excited for him!! Good Luck Elder Keith, you will be missed <3

Bekah

PS. My other best friend, Dawson leaves in November for his mission to the Edmonton Alberta Mission...not looking forward to let go of him either, but I know it has to be done!

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© These are the days. Design by Fearne.