21.5.10

Chapter 26

So last night I went to the most amazing concert I have ever been to!!!!!! I have been to Great Big Sea, Rascal Flatts, Martina McBride, Brad Paisley and Kenny Chesney. See my brother, Andrew, and I have this tradition of going to pretty much every country concert that comes to Ottawa. I wouldn't want to go with anyone else. He is my best friend, and no one is has hardcore country fans as us! ANYWAYS, last night was BY FAR the best one. And which concert was it....TAYLOR SWIFT!!!!!!! WOW it was so incredible!!! Usually I am not a fan of her voice live, from award shows, but she was soooo amazing!!!!!! I could have cried...well not actually that would be awkward! At every concert people sing along (obviously), but I have never heard EVERY SINGLE person in the audience sing along to every single one song! It was definitely memorable!
Ok let me start from the beginning of the concert. THE OPENING ACTS. First was one of my favourite groups, Gloriana. If you have not heard any of their songs, I HIGHLY recommend you look them up on YouTube. My brother and I were freaking out and singing along to all their songs, and standing/dancing. THEN some crabby old lady sitting behind was like: "Sit down, I can't see!" Ok two things wrong about this:
A) I am not going to sit down, it is a concert, that's what people do!
B) If you wanted to "see" and listen to them, stay home and watch some music
music videos of theirs for heaven sake!!!
We didn't want to cause any fuss, so we sat down, stupid women (I'm not bitter...) Then for their last song they played "Wild at Heart", and they told everyone to stand up. My brother turned around and was like: "They told us to!" HA!! I love him!! Later on in the night they did a signing and my bother and I were able to meet them...well not exactly MEET them but we got our CD signed and I had a "moment" with one of members Tom (if my marriage with Justin Bieber falls through, he is my back up) My brother said it wasn't a moment...BUT IT SOOOO WAS!! He was the last one at the table signing, all the other members (Rachel, Cheyenne and Mike) barely even looked at us, but Tom looked right at me and said: "We just LOVE you guys!!" He then locked eyes with me (as he is signing some chicks shirt) and says: "Aw thanks, it really means a lot!" It's official, he loves me!

Right after we took the picture, the security man glared at us and said: "NO PICTURES!" PFF, calm down buddy!


The second opening act was Kelly Pickler. My brother and I already saw her with Rascal Flatts, and she was kind of disappointing. Last time she was chatty and really cute, but this time she was just BLAH! She seemed totally distracted, as though she wanted to be somewhere else. I like some of her songs, but I just wanted to see Taylor!


I want her shoes!!!

THEN it was TAYLOR!!!! Oh my gosh my brother and I freaked out!!!!!! At one point in her performance, she went into the crowd and hugged people and took pictures with them. It was right where we were sitting for Rascal Flatts...that kind of bites! But I really shouldn't complain, our seats were INCREDIBLE!!!!!!!!! SOO GOOD! I got some amazing shots of her!!















So I thought I would leave you with my favourite quote, and what a shocker it is by Taylor Swift!
"To me, “FEARLESS” is not the absence of fear. It’s not being completely unafraid. To me, FEARLESS is having fears. FEARLESS is having doubts. Lots of them. To me, FEARLESS is living in spite of those things that scare you to death. FEARLESS is falling madly in love again, even though you’ve been hurt before. FEARLESS is walking into your freshmen year of high school at fifteen. FEARLESS is getting back up and fighting for what you want over and over again… even though every time you’ve tried before, you’ve lost. It’s FEARLESS to have faith that someday things will change. FEARLESS is having the courage to say goodbye to someone who only hurts you, even if you can’t breathe without them. I think it’s FEARLESS to fall for your best friend, even though he’s in love with someone else. And when someone apologizes to you enough times for things they’ll never stop doing, I think it’s FEARLESS to stop believing them. It’s FEARLESS to say “you’re NOT sorry”, and walk away. I think loving someone despite what people think is FEARLESS. I think allowing yourself to cry on the bathroom floor is FEARLESS. Letting go is FEARLESS. Then, moving on and being alright…That’sFEARLESS too. But no matter what love throws at you, you have to believe in it. You have to believe in love stories and prince charmings and happily ever after. That’s why I write these songs. Because I think love is FEARLESS."

Come back next tour Taylor! <3

Bekah

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© These are the days. Design by Fearne.