19.4.10

Chapter 15

Well one of my many favourite award shows took place last night....THE ACADEMY OF COUNTRY MUSIC AWARDS!!!! Yeah country music has definitely played a very important part in my love for music! I love how there are millions of songs that tell stories; making you cry, laugh and relate to. Honestly I can't even number the amount of country songs that I listen to and I am like: "Wow that is pretty much my life..." I'm so ecstatic that it has come back into style, although I have been a die hard fan my entire life. As Barbara Mandrell and George Jones so beautifully put it: "I was country before country was cool."
Anyways the awards last night!!! There were some surprises...and some disappointments. First my favourite country duo, Sugarland, didn't even perform. Ok what is wrong the academy of country music??! Uh they are kind of a big deal and they didn't even get to perform. NOT happy about that, but then again there were some awards winners that definitely made up for the absence of Jennnifer Nettles and Christian Bush. Well let me start with Lady Antebellum. They literally SWEEPED the awards!!! Every single award they were nominated for they won!!! I am so proud of them, they is just something special about seeing artist that you have seen live win an award. It's like their my babies!!
Next, Miranda Lambert FINALLY won Female Vocalist of the year!! Pretty sure that was the highlight of the entire award show! I don't know how many years she has been nominated, but this was definitely her year to win it! I mean come on she was up against: Carrie Underwood, Taylor Swift, and Reba Mcentire (and technically Leann Womack, but honestly they nominated her just because there was no one else.) Then she won Album of the year!! GO MIRANDA!!!!!! But some stupid technician person cut her producer off when he was in the middle of giving his acceptance speech. Let's just say that Miranda might be "Goin' home gonna load her shotgun, wait by the door and light a cigarette" Yeah the entire audience "boo-d" them...along with my brother and I.
SO performance-wise it was pretty good. Brad Paisley falling into a pool of water, Taylor Swift flying over the audience, and most memorable would have to be Brooks and Dunn's final ACM awards performance. Well another problem with the microphones. Ronnie Dunn's mic was terribly quiet, I could barely hear him singing the classic song: "My Maria". Anther disappointment, but hey I'm not bitter.
And the anticipated winner of entertainer of the year....CARRIE UNDERWOOD!!! I much rather would like to have seen Brad Paisley, or Kenny Chesney win (seen them both in concert) but I am still happy for Carrie!! She is an amazing singer...and I am sure entertainer. Must say that I loved her little shout-out to fiance Mike Fisher! Dang RIGHT!!!
So I thought I would show you all my favourite dresses from the night. They are pretty fabulous!
the stunning Hilary Scott (Lady Antebellum)...
...my favourite singer Jennifer Nettles (Sugarland)...
...the talented Carrie Underwood...
...and the beautiful Taylor Swift

Enjoy!

xx

Bekah

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© These are the days. Design by Fearne.